Healthy Keto Almond Biscotti
- 2 cups almond flour (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 cup whole almonds (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 large eggs (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- Pre-heat oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F.
- Mix dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, xantham gum, spices and almonds together in large bowl.
- Melt butter and add butter and beaten eggs to mixture.
- Mix well until a dough forms.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Form the dough into a low, wide log shape.
- The dough is a bit sticky, so I dusted my hands with coconut flour to do this comfortably.
- Bake for approx.
- 45 minutes or until loaf is browned on the outside and firm in the centre.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cold, slice the loaf into slices about 5 mm thick.
- Please note: using almond meal instead of wheat flour results in a crumblier consistency and the addition of whole almonds can make this slicing tricky.
- If your loaf is refusing to slice and is very crumbly, I recommend allowing it to sit out overnight and go slightly stale.
- This will not affect the finished quality, but will greatly enhance the slice-ability of the loaf.
- Pre-heat oven to 120 °C/ 250 °F.
- Lay the slices very carefully in a flat layer on one or two lined baking trays.
- Toast for 15-20 minutes each side.
- Turn oven off, prop oven door open using a wooden spoon and let biscotti cool in oven until crisp.
- Store in an airtight jar.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:10:45.