Healthy Keto Almond Biscotti
- 2 cups almond flour (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder ,
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum ,
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds ,
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ,
- 1 teaspoon sugar (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 cup whole almonds (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 large eggs (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- Pre-heat oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F. Mix dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, xantham gum, spices and almonds together in large bowl. Melt butter and add butter and beaten eggs to mixture. Mix well until a dough forms. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Form the dough into a low, wide log shape. The dough is a bit sticky, so I dusted my hands with coconut flour to do this comfortably. Bake for approx. 45 minutes or until loaf is browned on the outside and firm in the centre. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cold, slice the loaf into slices about 5 mm thick. Please note: using almond meal instead of wheat flour results in a crumblier consistency and the addition of whole almonds can make this slicing tricky. If your loaf is refusing to slice and is very crumbly, I recommend allowing it to sit out overnight and go slightly stale. This will not affect the finished quality, but will greatly enhance the slice-ability of the loaf. Pre-heat oven to 120 °C/ 250 °F. Lay the slices very carefully in a flat layer on one or two lined baking trays. Toast for 15-20 minutes each side. Turn oven off, prop oven door open using a wooden spoon and let biscotti cool in oven until crisp. Store in an airtight jar.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:10:45.