Grain-free Carrot Cake (keto, Gluten Free)
- 3/4 cup almond flour ,
- 6 tablespoons sweetener (granulated, I used Swerve erythritol)
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans ,
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded dried coconut ,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ,
- 1 pinch ground cloves ,
- 1 pinch salt ,
- 1/2 cup carrots (granulated, I used Swerve erythritol)
- 2 large eggs ,
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (granulated, I used Swerve erythritol)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter ,
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease two 6-inch diameter ramekins or cake pans very well. I used this Wilton layered cake pan set. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Stir in the shredded carrots, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add a little bit of water if it feels a little thick. Divide evenly between the prepared pans. Bake 25-35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a cake tester when inserted comes out clean. Remove and let cool in the pans, then run a sharp knife around the edges and loosen underneath with a rubber spatula. Cool on a wire rack. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, then spread on the optional frosting (recipe here!). -- I also topped it with some of this grain-free granola. Makes about 16 small pieces (or as many as you like!).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:30.