Grain-free Carrot Cake (keto, Gluten Free)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons sweetener (granulated, I used Swerve erythritol)
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup carrots (granulated, I used Swerve erythritol)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (granulated, I used Swerve erythritol)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease two 6-inch diameter ramekins or cake pans very well.
- I used this Wilton layered cake pan set.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Stir in the shredded carrots, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add a little bit of water if it feels a little thick.
- Divide evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a cake tester when inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool in the pans, then run a sharp knife around the edges and loosen underneath with a rubber spatula.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, then spread on the optional frosting (recipe here!).
- -- I also topped it with some of this grain-free granola.
- Makes about 16 small pieces (or as many as you like!).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:30.