Goat Cheese & Spinach Salad Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups goat cheese (hard, grated, 180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 4 cups spinach (hard, grated, 180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (hard, grated, 180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 4 strawberries (for garnish
- 2 fat (servings
- First, prepare the cheese bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F/200 °C and line a baking tray with parchment paper cut in half (one half per cheese bowl).
- Transfer into the oven and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Watch it carefully: The cheese crust should be golden in colour, not brown.
- If you bake it for too long, it will taste bitter.
- When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about a minute.
- To create the cheese bowl, set a small bowl upside-down, then carefully lift the parchment paper off the tray and flip the cheese over the bowl.
- Lightly press the edges, if needed, then let cool in that position for at least 5 minutes.
- You can leave the cheese on the bowl while you prepare the salad filling.
- Prepare the berry vinaigrette.
- Wash the spinach and place in a salad spinner or simply pat dry using a paper towel.
- Place the spinach into the cheese bowls, toss with the berry vinaigrette, sprinkle with toasted almond flakes and top with strawberry slices.
- You can either get toasted almond flakes or simply dry-roast them on a non-stick pan for a minute or two, until fragrant.
- Enjoy! Also try my Roasted Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad 😉
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:20.