Goat Cheese & Spinach Salad Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups goat cheese (hard, grated, 180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 4 cups spinach (hard, grated, 180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (hard, grated, 180 g/ 6.3 oz)
- 4 strawberries (for garnish,
- 2 fat (servings
- First, prepare the cheese bowl. Preheat the oven to 400 °F/200 °C and line a baking tray with parchment paper cut in half (one half per cheese bowl). Grate the goat cheese on the baking sheet into in the shape of two rough circles (one circle for each serving). Transfer into the oven and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Watch it carefully: The cheese crust should be golden in colour, not brown. If you bake it for too long, it will taste bitter. When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about a minute. To create the cheese bowl, set a small bowl upside-down, then carefully lift the parchment paper off the tray and flip the cheese over the bowl. Lightly press the edges, if needed, then let cool in that position for at least 5 minutes. You can leave the cheese on the bowl while you prepare the salad filling. Prepare the berry vinaigrette. Wash the spinach and place in a salad spinner or simply pat dry using a paper towel. Place the spinach into the cheese bowls, toss with the berry vinaigrette, sprinkle with toasted almond flakes and top with strawberry slices. You can either get toasted almond flakes or simply dry-roast them on a non-stick pan for a minute or two, until fragrant. Enjoy! Also try my Roasted Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad 😉
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:20.