Gluten Free Vegan Keto Corned Tempeh & Cabbage
- 1 package tempeh (8 oz, 227g)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (8 oz, 227g)
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce (8 oz, 227g)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (8 oz, 227g)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 whole clove
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium carrot (8 oz, 227g)
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients and prepare the tempeh .
- You have two options here.
- Option 1 is that you can put the whole log in a zip-top bag, pour in the marinade, seal the bag and let it do its thing in the fridge overnight and then slice it.
- Option 2 is to slice the tempeh, put it in a sealable container, cover it in the marinade and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- To cook the tempeh, place the slices at the bottom of a dutch oven and cover with the marinade.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Remove the tempeh from the dutch oven and set aside.
- Pour out the marinade and rinse out the pot.
- Place the dutch oven back on medium-low heat, and pour in the olive oil.
- Toss in the onion powder, carrots and cabbage and cover.
- Check back every few minutes to stir the cabbage.
- If the cabbage starts sticking to the pan, pour in a few tablespoons of water and stir everything around.
- This will help it cook as well.
- Once the cabbage and carrots are pretty soft, lower the heat pretty much all the way.
- Place the tempeh on top of the cabbage and cover the dutch oven.
- Let this cook on low for another 10-15 minutes, until the cabbage is completely soft and wilted.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:41.