Egg In A Waffle Hole (keto Recipe)
- 1 large eggs (yolk and whites separated)
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (yolk and whites separated)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (yolk and whites separated)
- 1/4 cup nut milk (yolk and whites separated)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut oil (yolk and whites separated)
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron to high heat.
- Spray with oil.
- While it preheats, in a medium bowl or standing mixer, beat the egg white to stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Set aside.
- Add the melted butter, egg yolk, nut milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Add the yolk, almond milk, and vanilla to the batter.
- Stir until well combined.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until just mixed.
- Add half of the batter into the greased waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned to your liking.
- Let it cool slightly in the open iron before trying to take it out to avoid tearing.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- After the waffles cool slightly, take a medium-sized round cookie or biscuit cutter and make a hole in the waffle.
- Set aside.
- Using the same cookie cutter, spray it with cooking spray and lay it on a heated nonstick pan.
- Break an egg into the cookie cutter mold and cover to cook the egg to your liking.
- When done, pull out the egg with a spatula, remove it from the cookie cutter, and place it into the waffle hole.
- Garnish with salt and pepper, seasoning of your choice (paprika, everything bagel seasoning, etc.), or maple syrup of your choice
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:31.