Easy Cashew Chicken
- 3 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (boneless, skinless)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic chili sauce (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 1/4 white onion (boneless, skinless)
- Heat a pan over low heat and toast the cashews for 8 minutes or until they start to lightly brown and become fragrant.
- Remove and set aside.Dice chicken thighs into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut onion and pepper into equally large chunks.Increase heat to high and add canola oil to pan.Once oil is up to temperature, add in the chicken thighs and allow them to cook through(about 5 minutes).Once the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add in the pepper, onions, garlic, chili garlic sauce and seasonings(ginger, salt, pepper).
- Allow to cook on high for 2-3 minutes.Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cashews.
- Cook on high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency, There should not be excess liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.Serve in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:10:16.