Crunchy (Top Secret!) Grain-Free Granola ???? gluten free & keto
- 105 almonds (lightly toasted*)
- 95 grams pecans
- 75 grams sunflower seeds (lightly toasted*)
- 60 grams pumpkin seeds (lightly toasted*)
- 110 grams chia seeds
- 56 grams flax seeds
- 60 grams sesame seeds (lightly toasted*)
- 10 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or xylitol
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses (lightly toasted*)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- H imalayan salt (lightly toasted*)
- ice (almond milk
- greek yogurt (lightly toasted*)
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120°C.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Lightly toast sesame seeds over medium/low heat for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Watch out they do not burn, or they'll taste bitter! You know they're ready when they're lightly golden, and you press one between your fingertips and it turns to powder.
- Add sesame seeds, Swerve, molasses (optional) and cinnamon to a food processor and pulse a couple times until powdered and mixed thoroughly.
- Add sesame sugar to nut mix and combine thoroughly.
- Set asideBeat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold gently into granola mix until fully combined.
- Spread granola onto prepared baking tray in a single layer and sprinkle with pink Himalayan salt.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until they begin to harden, checking every 15 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool completely, as they'll continue to crisp up while cooling.
- Depending on the sweetener you use, these might get their full crunch after an overnight rest (think xylitol!).
- Break up in chunks and store in an airtight container for up to a week, in the fridge for 2, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:37.