Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken (Low-carb, Keto)
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt (to taste)
- To Make filling:In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and salt + pepper until fully combined.
- To Butterfly your chicken breasts: lay them flat on a sturdy surface.
- Place one hand on top to hold it in place and then slice 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast (be careful not to slice all the way through).
- To Stuff the Chicken: Season the outside of the chicken with chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 of cheese mixture into the middle of the cut chicken breasts and fold the chicken so the cream cheese is sealed inside.
- Use toothpicks to secure chicken if desired.
- To Cook: Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook the chicken, covering the pan with a lid, for about 9-10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:39.