Buffalo Chicken Empanadas (Keto)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 eggs (whisked)
- 2 cups chicken (whisked)
- 3 tablespoons butter (whisked)
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- green onions
- pico de gallo
- ranch dressing
- blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl.
- Put in the microwave for one minute, take out and stir.
- Put in the microwave for another minute, stir well.
- Add in almond flour and egg.
- Mix to combine well.
- The dough will be a little wet but if it is too wet that you can't get it to stop sticking to your fingers, then add a little more almond flour.
- Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top and use a wine bottle.
- Once you've rolled it flat, about ¼" thick, use a bowl to cut circle shapes.
- For excess dough, form into a ball then roll out again and repeat the process until all the dough has been used.
- Lay on a lightly greased cooking sheet or use a silicone baking mat.
- For chicken, mix shredded chicken with buffalo sauce.
- Place a spoonful into each circle on one half and then fold the other half over.
- Make sure to press down firmly on the edges.
- You can also slightly roll the edges to make sure they're combined well.
- Once you've made all the empanadas, cook at 425 degrees for 12 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.
- NOTES Inspired by Keto Fat Head Dough
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:25.