Bacon, Basil, & Greens Egg Roll-Ups (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nut milk (I like my cashew creamer for this)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup chives
- 2 handfuls basil leaves (I like my cashew creamer for this)
- 1 cup arugula (I like my cashew creamer for this)
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 3 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- cooking spray
- Cook The Bacon + PrepLay your bacon flat on a baking sheet, all in a row, the slices should not touch or overlap.
- Pop the sheet pan in the oven, middle rack.
- Set to 400F.Once the oven reaches temp, check on the bacon, it will be par cooked.
- Set a timer for 8-10 minutes.
- That should be enough time for it to cook up nice and crispy.In the meantime, prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Crack the eggs into the blender.
- Add in the salt, pepper, milk and mustard.
- Dice up chives.
- Get your basil leaves and arugula ready.When the bacon is ready, remove from the oven.
- Use tongs to transfer the bacon to a cutting board.
- Don’t turn off the oven!Drain the fat from the sheet pan (to a jar, you better save that goodness).Line that same sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Center it as much as possible so the sides reach the rim.
- Leave a little slack on either end so you can pull on it later.
- Then grease on the sheet pan will make it easy to flatten and smooth out the paper! Win!Let’s Get CookingSpray the top of the paper lightly with oil.Crank that blender and whiz up the egg mix for 30 seconds.Make sure your sheet pan in on an even, flat surface when you pour in the egg mix.
- If it’s not settling evenly, help it out with a spatula.Sprinkle the chives evenly all over your eggs.Chop up the crispy bacon and sprinkle over the egg as well.Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden and the center is completely set (it shouldn’t jiggle at all).Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.Let’s Transfer & Flip & Roll!Check to see if your omelette is stuck to the parchment paper.
- If it’s not, pick it up carefully and place it bottom side up on the cutting board.If it is sticking to the parchment paper, then use the parchment paper to slide it onto the cutting board.
- Then flip it quickly.
- Peel the parchment paper, starting on a corner and using your fingers to old the omelette down.Once all the parchment paper has been removed, use a spatula to smear mayo all over this bad boy.Starting about 2 inches from one end, lets say the left side, arrange your avocado slices in a vertical stripe.
- Next the basil leaves and then the arugula, alternating until you have about an inch left.Make sure your avocado is flat and there aren’t any hard edges, for these could puncture your egg.From the left side (where you have the two inches) gently pick it up and pull it over your avocado then fold in with your fingers and begin to roll it as you would a burrito.
- If it tears a little at the sides in the first or second pass, don’t worry, the outer layers will still hold it together.Once you’ve rolled it up and have a massive egg log.
- Yes, it will be beastly! Slice it up.
- I like to cut it into 2 inch pieces.Serve right away to a crowd or store in an airtight container for meal prep.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:34.