- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts (6 oz. each)
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (6 oz. each)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (6 oz. each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (6 oz. each)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (6 oz. each)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley (6 oz. each)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350° and put a 10-in.
- cast-iron skillet* into oven to heat.
- Step 2 Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a frying pan.
- Drain remaining artichokes; reserve marinade for other uses.
- Chop all artichokes.
- Step 3 Heat marinade in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Whisk eggs in a bowl to blend.
- Stir in bread crumbs, pepper, oregano, and hot sauce.
- Stir in cheese, parsley, artichokes, and onion mixture.
- Step 5 Remove skillet from oven.
- Protecting your hands, wipe it quickly with an oiled paper towel.
- Pour in custard and bake, uncovered, until custard feels set when lightly touched, about 30 minutes.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes before cutting into 1-in.
- Step 6 *Use artichokes in an oily marinade; we like Cara Mia brand.
- Using a skillet (our update on the original baking pan) gives the nibbles a golden crust.
- Step 7 Make ahead: Up to 1 day, chilled.
- Reheat, uncovered, 12 minutes at 325°
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:52.