The KetoDiet Cookbook & Amazing Fudgy Keto Brownies!
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 4 1/2 ounces butter (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 3 large eggs
- 20 teaspoons liquid stevia (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 3/4 cup erythritol (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- chocolate (Layer)
- 1 3/4 ounces dark chocolate (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 F (gas mark 4) and position the rack to the middle.
- Spray an 8x8 square (20x20 cm) brownie pan (I used a 9x9 inch) with baking spray and line with parchment so that the bottom and two opposite sides are mostly covered.
- Leave the excess parchment so that you can pull the brownies out of the pan when cool.
- Method: Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it and the butter into a small bowl placed over slowly simmering water.
- When most of the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl and stir the chocolate.
- Place the eggs, stevia and powdered erythritol into a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Next beat in the chocolate.
- Add the dry ingredients and starting on low speed and gradually getting faster, mix until thoroughly combined.
- (starting on low prevents the cocoa powder from making a big cloud!) Spread the thick brownie batter into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan.
- When cool, run a sharp thin knife around the edge and lift the brownies out of the pan with the parchment.
- Don't worry if it cracks.
- Chocolate Layer: Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a smallish bowl with the ghee, coconut oil or butter.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and, over medium heat, bring it up to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute.
- Stir until combined and glossy.
- Let it cool a bit and thicken.
- Spread over the brownies and let cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut and serve.
- Serves 16.
- Refrigerate any remaining brownies and enjoy at room temperature.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:45.