The KetoDiet Cookbook & Amazing Fudgy Keto Brownies!
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 4 1/2 ounces butter (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 3 large eggs ,
- 20 teaspoons liquid stevia (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 3/4 cup erythritol (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 1 cup almond flour ,
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ,
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda ,
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar ,
- chocolate (Layer),
- 1 3/4 ounces dark chocolate (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (extra, 85 % cocoa)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 F (gas mark 4) and position the rack to the middle. Spray an 8x8 square (20x20 cm) brownie pan (I used a 9x9 inch) with baking spray and line with parchment so that the bottom and two opposite sides are mostly covered. Leave the excess parchment so that you can pull the brownies out of the pan when cool. Method: Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it and the butter into a small bowl placed over slowly simmering water. When most of the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl and stir the chocolate. Place the eggs, stevia and powdered erythritol into a medium bowl and mix to combine. Next beat in the chocolate. Add the dry ingredients and starting on low speed and gradually getting faster, mix until thoroughly combined. (starting on low prevents the cocoa powder from making a big cloud!) Spread the thick brownie batter into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool in the pan. When cool, run a sharp thin knife around the edge and lift the brownies out of the pan with the parchment. Don't worry if it cracks. Chocolate Layer: Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a smallish bowl with the ghee, coconut oil or butter. Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and, over medium heat, bring it up to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Stir until combined and glossy. Let it cool a bit and thicken. Spread over the brownies and let cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened. Cut and serve. Serves 16. Refrigerate any remaining brownies and enjoy at room temperature.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:45.