Teriyaki Salmon with Spicy Mayo and Asparagus
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (freshly squeezed)
- 16 ounces salmon fillets
- scallions (Sliced
- STEP 1 TO MAKE THE SPICY MAYO: In a food processor, mix the garlic and lemon juice until smooth.
- STEP 2 Add the egg, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper to the garlic and lemon juice puree.
- While pureeing, slowly add the olive oil until the mayo forms.
- Set aside in the refrigerator while the fillets cook.
- STEP 3 TO MAKE THE SALMON AND ASPARAGUS: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- STEP 4 Remove the woody end from the asparagus, leaving only the tender portion of the stalk.
- STEP 5 In a medium bowl, mix together the ginger, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, rice wine vinegar, pepper, and the Teriyaki Sauce.
- STEP 6 Add the salmon and cover completely with the sauce.
- STEP 7 Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the salmon from the sauce to the dish.
- Pour any remaining sauce over the fillets.
- Tuck the asparagus around the fillets and drizzle them with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- STEP 8 Put the dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- STEP 9 Remove the dish from the oven and check the fillets for doneness.
- STEP 10 Serve immediately with half of the spicy mayo.
- Garnish with the scallions.
- Refrigerate the remaining mayo in an airtight container.
- Photo Gallery
- 577 Total Fat
- 42.2G Protein
- 41.5G Total Carbohydrate
- 12.9G Dietary Fiber
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:12.