Keto Salmon Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps 🐟
- 60 milliliters sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (freshly grated)
- 4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 60 milliliters water
- 170 grams salmon (freshly grated)
- sesame seeds
- 8 lettuce leaves (freshly grated)
- lime (green)
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled and grated)
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Mix together sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, sweetener, lime zest and juice, and cayenne pepper (to taste).
- Add salmon and marinate for at least 15 minutes, but preferably for 2 hours or overnight.
- Lightly oil a large piece of foil (about twice the size of your salmon filets).
- Place salmon skin side down over the foil and add only a couple of spoonfuls of the teriyaki marinade (reserve the rest).
- Fold foil to create an envelope (or whatever shape you desire, as long as it's sealed closed).Place foil packet on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until just cooked through, 16-20 minutes (cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your salmon).
- Be careful when opening foil envelope, as scalding steam will be released.Add reserved teriyaki marinade to a small saucepan over medium/low heat, while salmon is cooking, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the arrowroot in water (i.e.
- make a slurry), and whisk it into the saucepan.
- Continue to simmer, whisking constantly to avoid lumps, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Adjust thickness to taste with more arrowroot or water, keeping in mind that the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Remove from heat.
- Change oven settings to broil, brush salmon with part of the teriyaki sauce and return to oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flake salmon with two forks (discarding the skin) and serve atop a bed of lettuce and cucumber.
- Topped with teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds and plenty of limes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:38.