Keto Mexican Pizza
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops protein powder (unflavored)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (unflavored)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (unflavored)
- 2 slices bacon (unflavored)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (unflavored)
- 5 black olives (unflavored)
- 1 small tomatoes (unflavored)
- jalapeno chilies (unflavored)
- Use a large mixing bowl to make the dough.
- Combine the protein powder and almond flour in the bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and melted butter.
- Mix in with the eggs.
- Add the almond milk little by little while stirring the mixture.
- Knead with your hands till you get a nonsticky dough.
- Sprinkle more almond flour if required.
- Let stand for about half an hour.SaveLay the dough on clean, flat surface.
- Flatten into any shape you prefer, either rectangular, square or round.
- Settle the dough onto the pizza baking tray.
- Place in the oven set to 250°F and leave to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cooking time depends on your preferred size and thickness.
- Remove from the oven once the edges become light golden brown in color.
- SaveSauté the ground beef in coconut oil on a hot frying pan.
- Coat with the taco seasoning and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain any unnecessary liquids.
- Reserve.Top the crust with marinara sauce.
- Spread evenly on the entire surface.
- Sprinkle the cooked ground beef, bacon bits, black olive slices, and chopped seedless tomatoes over the crust.
- Add the cheese for more flavor.
- Dust with spicy flakes or dried oregano if desired.
- Rebake for another 8-10 minutes with the oven set to 300°F.
- Wait until the cheese melts on top.
- SaveUse a pizza cutter to make 8 slices and enjoy!Save
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:48.