Healthy Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey (93/7 ground turkey)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut sugar (93/7 ground turkey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons marjoram (93/7 ground turkey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (93/7 ground turkey)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (93/7 ground turkey)
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- While your skillet or griddle is heating up, combine the coconut sugar, spices, and herbs in a small bowl and stir together.
- Add the spice mixture to the ground turkey and mix together until well combined.
- Divide turkey mixture into 12 pieces, roll into balls, then flatten into patties.
- These will shrink a bit when they cook, so don't make them too thick.
- Cook each turkey patty about 4 minutes on each side in the preheated pan or griddle until cooked through.
- Make sure you don't over cook these or they will be dry since they don't have as much fat in them as regular pork sausage.
- Cook in batches if necessary to make sure you don't over crowd your pan or griddle.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and serve hot.
- Recipe Notes The Creole seasoning has salt in it, so you shouldn't need to add salt to this recipe.
- Make sure not to over-cook these since they can get dry if overcooked These freeze well! You can make a big batch and freeze half for later of you want to have quick breakfast options.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:09.