Traditional Pesto From Scratch 🍃 gluten free, keto & paleo
- 60 grams fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- 35 grams pinenuts (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 grams extra-virgin olive oil
- 25 grams parmesan cheese (to taste)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- water (as needed)
- Lightly toast pine nuts until golden in a dry skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil and parmesan cheese and process for a couple of minutes until a paste forms.
- Do not over-process into a puree, as we want to retain some texture.
- Season to taste.
- Depending on the use you're giving it, you may need to thin it out with a tablespoon or so of water.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:02.