Sugar Free Keto Cremé Caramel
- 30 grams butter
- 85 grams syrup (Sukrin Gold Fiber, click link for Aussie supplier)
- 50 grams cream (Sukrin Gold Fiber, click link for Aussie supplier)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 250 milliliters cream (Sukrin Gold Fiber, click link for Aussie supplier)
- 100 grams sweetener (Sukrin Gold Fiber, click link for Aussie supplier)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla beans
- Instructions Place all caramel ingredients into large glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat at intervals until you have a thick heavy caramel.
- (Be careful with hot caramel to not burn yourself) Spoon 2 tbsp of caramel into the bottom of 4 x 200ml sized ramekins.
- Place into a large lasagne pan and reserve. Preheat oven to 160℃.
- Fill a kettle with water and put onto boil. Whisk the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined. Pour evenly into each ramekin over caramel sauce Pour boiling water into lasagne pan being careful not to splash inside the custard.
- Pour until half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake 30 minutes.
- Custard should be set but slightly yielding to the touch.
- Add extra time if required. To serve run a knife around the edge and up end onto plate.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:30:22.