No-Churn Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream 🎃
- 225 grams pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (homemade)
- 240 grams full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup xylitol sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 225 grams cream cheese (homemade)
- 120 grams heavy cream
- 1/2 batch graham crackers (homemade)
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes until cooked, fragrant, and deeper orange in color (but not brown!).
- Pour in coconut milk and xylitol, and mix thoroughly.
- Cook just until the xylitol dissolves and everything is well incorporated.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and salt, and allow the mixture to come to room temperature.
- Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and pour in the pumpkin mixture.
- Whisk until the cream cheese is (absolutely!) fully blended.
- This is faster with an electric whisk or mixer, but also doable by hand.
- Stir in whipped sour and taste for sweetness.
- This is your last chance! We find that 1/2 cup of xylitol is more than enough, but up to 3/4 cup will work too.
- Remember that things taste less sweet when frozen, so you'll want to turn it up a notch.
- If no ice cream maker is at hand, place ice cream in sealable container and place in the freezer until frozen (6 hours to overnight).
- Or churn in an ice cream maker following manufacture's instructions (about 15 minutes).
- If you like your ice cream firmer, freeze in the covered container for one to two hours.If you're adding in graham crackers, fold them in once the ice cream is semi-hard (either right after churning or about 3 hours after freezing).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:26.