Low Carb "Mac" and Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into small florets)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese (cut into small florets)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water until tender crisp and drain well.
- I usually cook my cauliflower well ahead of time so the water has time to drain.
- Spray or butter an 8 x 8 ceramic or glass dish and set aside.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan and whisk in cream cheese and Dijon mustard until mixed well.
- Stir in one cup of Cheddar cheese and Gruyere, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Whisk until cheese melts and it is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour over cauliflower and combine well.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake about 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:56.