Keto San Choy Bau
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onions (small)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (small)
- 3 fresh mushrooms
- 1 carrots (medium)
- 1 stalk celery (small)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (small)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 fruit (2" dia limes)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce (small)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 5 teaspoons peppercorns
- 5 clove (ground)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 Wash all the vegetables, chop or slice as required and keep them aside.
- 2 Put the spices for the 5 spice powder in a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- 3 Pick out 5 Lettuce leaves, wash, drain and leave them aside.
- 4 Heat vegetable oil or peanut oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- 5 Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for a few seconds.
- Then add the sliced onions and continue sautÃ©ing for a minute.
- 6 Now add the chicken mince and stir continuously while breaking up the meat into small pieces.
- 7 Continue browning the meat by stirring well.
- 8 Add salt and continue cooking the meat on medium high heat for around 8 minutes.
- 9 Now add the 5 spice powder, the soy sauce, sesame seed oil and mix everything well.
- 10 Put all the chopped and sliced vegetables into the pan and mix once again.
- 11 Squeeze lime juice over the preparation and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- 12 Taste the dish for salt/soy/sesame seed oil and adjust it to suit your palate.
- 13 Put a ladle full of san choy bau into each lettuce leaf and sprinkle a few crushed peanuts to garnish.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:50.