Keto Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- 2 slices crispy bacon (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Place 4 large eggs in a pot and fill with water covering them by an inch.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat and cover with a lid.
- Remove from the burner and keep the eggs covered in the pot for 13 minutes (10 minutes for medium sized eggs, 15 minutes for extra large eggs).
- When done, transfer to a bowl filled with ice water and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- To peel, remove from the ice water and crack each egg several times on the kitchen surface.
- Gently peel off the shells.
- Fresh eggs don't peel well.
- It's better if you use eggs that you bought 7-10 days before cooking.
- Cut the eggs in half and carefully - without breaking the egg whites - spoon the egg yolks into a bowl.
- Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Add the mayonnaise, grated cheddar, crumbled bacon and jalapeño pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until well combined using a fork.
- Use a spoon or a small cookie scoop to fill in the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:37.