Keto Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs
- 4 large eggs ,
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- 2 slices crispy bacon (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (30 g/ 1.1 oz - you can make your own)
- salt ,
- pepper ,
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Place 4 large eggs in a pot and fill with water covering them by an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Remove from the burner and keep the eggs covered in the pot for 13 minutes (10 minutes for medium sized eggs, 15 minutes for extra large eggs). When done, transfer to a bowl filled with ice water and let them sit for 5 minutes. To peel, remove from the ice water and crack each egg several times on the kitchen surface. Gently peel off the shells. Fresh eggs don't peel well. It's better if you use eggs that you bought 7-10 days before cooking. Cut the eggs in half and carefully - without breaking the egg whites - spoon the egg yolks into a bowl. Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Add the mayonnaise, grated cheddar, crumbled bacon and jalapeño pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined using a fork. Use a spoon or a small cookie scoop to fill in the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:37.