Keto Cheese Fondue
- 150 grams Beaufor (grated)
- 150 grams gruyere cheese (grated)
- 250 grams comte (grated)
- 250 milliliters sauvignon blanc
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- cherry tomatoes
- bell pepper
- lotus root
- grilled chicken
- In a fondue pot, add your garlic clove and white wine.
- Put on medium heat until the wine is simmering.
- Slowly add a bit of the cheeses into the wine while mixing with a silicone spatula.
- Make sure you only add a bit at a time and only add more cheese once the previous cheese has melted.
- Once all of the cheese has been added, you'll notice that the cheese and alcohol won't mix together.
- Add 1 tsp of xanthan gum and always continue whisking.
- The cheese fondue should slowly start to thicken and the alcohol and cheese will slowly mix together.
- If it still hasn't mixed together, just add 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum more at a time until it does.
- Personally I used 1.5 tsp and it was the perfect consistency.
- Once the fondue is all mixed together, turn the heat to low and start dipping your ingredients inside the yummy cheese!
- Recipe Notes Try out different cheeses like Emmental and Swiss for different flavours!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:42.