Keto Berry Galettes
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or your choice sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (or your choice sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or your choice sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (or your choice sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (or your choice sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large egg whites (or your choice sweetener)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- For the crust:Combine cream cheese and mozzarella in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 1 minute until melted and mixes well.
- Whip egg whites with sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold into the almond flour.
- Stir almond flour mixture into the cheese mixture.
- This will take a bit of muscle, but be sure to get it fully combined.
- If you have to....
- sprinkle additional almond flour on the counter and work together by hand.Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Dough needs to refrigerate for at least one hour before rolling, preheat oven to 350 when you begin rolling the dough.
- Open t he dough onto a well-floured (almond flour) surface.
- Using a 5 inch cookie cutter or a 5 inch bowl, cut out as many circles as possible.
- Roll out the scraps and continue to cut out more circles until the dough runs out.
- We got 6 (5-inch) circles.Mix the berries with sweetener, lemon zest, xanthan gum and chopped basil.Place about a tablespoon and a half of berry mixture in the center of the cut out dough circle, leaving an inch of border.Gently fold the over the edges of the crust, folding the dough in on itself to create a pleated rim.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough circles.
- Place on buttered baking sheet.Make an egg wash by beating together the egg and water.
- Brush edges of each mini galette with the egg wash and sprinkle the crust with course sweetener.Bake for 15 minutes or till the berry filling is bubbly and the crust is golden.Let the mini galette cool in the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then let it finish off cooling on a wire rack.Serve at room temperature or slightly warm with a dollop of whipped topping and/or more fresh berries.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:39.