Gluten Free & Keto Crackers 🧀
- 96 grams almond flour
- 40 grams coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 55 grams cream cheese
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten for egg wash)
- garlic powder (lightly beaten)
- caraway seeds (lightly beaten)
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt to food processor and pulse until evenly combined.
- Add butter and cream cheese and pulse for just a few seconds until crumbly.
- Add in egg and vinegar and pulse until the dough just begins to come together (but stop before it forms into a ball).
- Like with any pastry dough, make sure not to over-process the dough.
- The mixture ought to resemble coarse breadcrumbs rather than cookie dough.
- Turn out the dough onto cling film and form into a round.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 3 days.
- Roll out dough between parchment paper, cut into desired size and pop it back into the fridge for 10-15 minutes prior to baking.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with garlic powder, caraway seeds and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 17-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- They will firm up while cooling.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:59.