Gluten Free & Keto Crackers 🧀
- 96 grams almond flour ,
- 40 grams coconut flour ,
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum ,
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt ,
- 55 grams cream cheese ,
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten),
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar ,
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten for egg wash),
- garlic powder (lightly beaten)
- caraway seeds (lightly beaten)
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt to food processor and pulse until evenly combined. Add butter and cream cheese and pulse for just a few seconds until crumbly. Add in egg and vinegar and pulse until the dough just begins to come together (but stop before it forms into a ball). Like with any pastry dough, make sure not to over-process the dough. The mixture ought to resemble coarse breadcrumbs rather than cookie dough. Turn out the dough onto cling film and form into a round. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 3 days. Roll out dough between parchment paper, cut into desired size and pop it back into the fridge for 10-15 minutes prior to baking. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with garlic powder, caraway seeds and freshly ground black pepper. Bake at 350°F/180°C for 17-20 minutes until lightly golden. They will firm up while cooling.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:59.