Fat Head Pizza - Grain Free and Gluten Free
- 170 grams grating cheese (approx shredded/, mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese)
- 85 grams ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (approx shredded/, mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese)
- minced beef
- cherry tomatoes
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos above).
- Remove the top baking paper/parchment.
- If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like.
- Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese.
- Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
- Recipe Notes Fat Head pastry can also be made by replacing the almond meal/flour with 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) coconut flour.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:12.