BBQ Pot Roast
- 8 pounds shoulder roast (Beef Chuck)
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease (Beef Chuck)
- 2 tablespoons worchestershire
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons splenda
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Rough chop an onion and set aside Coat the roast with salt and pepper Heat up bacon fat in a frying pan and sear the roast on all sides, 1 to 1:30 minutes on each side Place the meat in the crockpot Fry onions in the leftover grease, pour over meat Mix Mustard, Garlic, Worcestershire, Vinegar, Spenda and Liquid smoke Pour sauce over the meat Cook in crockpot on low, 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes per lb of roast.
- I cooked this one 9 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot, separate into dinner sized portions Move liquid to a pan and reduce by half.
- Serve with the meat.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:21.