Avocado Taco Cups
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onions (small)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (small)
- 1/2 fruit (2" dia limes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (small)
- 1 Chop all the vegetables as required and leave aside.
- 2 You can use leftover roast chicken for this recipe.
- If you dont have any leftovers simply poach 2-3 medium sized pieces of chicken breast and shred the meat once cooled.
- 3 Cut the avocados carefully into half, preserving the peel to use as cups.
- This recipe requires only one avocado.
- You can use the other one to make guacamole and serve it as a side.
- 4 Heat the olive oil in a pan and add half the onions.
- SautÃ© for a few seconds and then add the shredded chicken.
- Stir the ingredients and then add the seasoning.
- 5 Mix well so that the seasoning coats the chicken well and doesnt burn.
- You may reduce the heat to low after you add the seasoning so that the spices dont stick to the pan.
- 6 Once the seasoning is added, sautÃ© for just 10 seconds and turn off the heat.
- 7 Add all the ingredients, including the chicken mixture into a bowl.
- 8 Squeeze a lime over the ingredients, stir and taste for seasoning.
- If you need more lime, add it right now.
- 9 Using a spoon, scoop out the taco mixture and spoon it into the avocado cups.
- Garnish with cilantro and grated cheese and serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:53.